Do you have a product that you would like Suburban Men to review?
If so, then this is the process:
First, contact us via email at [email protected].
Once your email has been received, we will consider whether your product is one that will fit within Suburban Men’s scope. Your email will then be forwarded to the team or to a specific reviewer if your product is their forté. Suburban Men loves to review all types of gear, so don’t worry if your product seems a little “different” or totally offbeat. Chances are that the more original your product is, the more we will enjoy doing its review!
Once your product has been approved, you will be supplied with a shipping address; we will assign the appropriate reviewer who may contact you for additional information.
If you just happen to have one of our physical addresses (perhaps because we have previously done a review for you), and you send a product without prior approval, then please understand that there will be no guarantees your product will be reviewed.
- When you send a review item, you are acknowledging that Suburban Men will be writing an unbiased review of your product. We do not “sell reviews”, and you can not buy a positive review by sending a non-returnable product or with advertising.
- We publish both positive and negative reviews; we will not ‘neglect to mention’ a product just because we didn’t like it. We are writing from a consumer’s perspective, so if your product is good, we want to let people know about it. If your product does not perform as billed, we want to let people know about that as well.
- Manufacturer and Supplier comments are welcome and encouraged in the comments section. However, the actual review text is always going to be the reviewer’s own.
- You will not be given the chance to “approve” the review prior to publication, nor will you be given editorial authority of any kind.
- Once an article is published on Suburban Men, we will issue updates as appropriate, adding “:UPDATED” to the title then changing any factual errors that have been brought to our attention and verified by us. We will not, however remove published posts. Upon the vendor or manufacturer’s request we will review updated products or applications when supplied to us. When the second review is posted we will add a link to it at the beginning of the original post.
- You will be contacted if the item appears to be defective; as it is only fair that a working item be reviewed.
- Items sent will be used during the review process. For this reason we generally do not return review items provided and never return wearables such as headphones or personal care and grooming items.
- The following may occur with items which do not require a return:
- Item may be kept by the reviewer for further use and long-term testing
- Item may be given away in a contest on Suburban Men
- Item may be given away at the reviewer’s discretion to family, friends, other reviewers, etc.
- Items will never be sold, but they may be traded (i.e. – gadget-swap situation with another reviewer on Suburban Men or elsewhere)
- If product return is necessary, then it is the vendor’s responsibility to discuss this with the reviewer before an item is sent and to include a postage paid return label with tracking in the original shipping package. It is also the vendor’s responsibility to immediately let the reviewer know a postage paid return label should have been included but was forgotten and follow up with one, if they will need the review item returned and that was not initially specified. Otherwise the review item will be considered non-returnable.
- You may be given a tentative date upon which the review will appear, we strive for 4 – 8 weeks after receipt of the item, but that is not always possible. We need time to actually discover all of the ins and outs of your product; our reviews do not regurgitate press releases, and these reviews may involve multiple installments and/or video. Actual publish dates will depend upon the complexity of the review item and the existing size of the Suburban Men team member’s review queue.
- A link to the manufacturer’s site and a link to the product supplier’s site will be included in the review, along with MSRP and wrap-up comments. If there is a particular retailer that you would like linked, we would be happy to accommodate your wishes.
We know that there are lots of review sites on the web and we appreciate you spending time on ours!