I have written in the past about my 2001 Chevy Suburban that is chugging along on the road to 200,000 miles. My family and I have taken to calling it Big Red for obvious reasons. That got me to thinking about the special relationship that people develop with their cars. In doing a little research, I discovered that AutoNation has found that Big Red is actually the ninth most popular car name. Here are more interesting facts I discovered from a Nationwide Insurance survey:
- Nearly 25 percent of U.S. car owners have a special name for their car.
- Over 31% of the names were inspired by the cars color or appearance.
- Millennials (18-34) were the largest group to name their cars at 34%.
- Women (27%) were far more likely to name their ride than men (17%).
- Over a quarter (26 percent) of those surveyed think of their car as a girl.
Take the Nam-u-lator quiz to find your cars name
If you haven’t come up with a name for your vehicle, Mobil 1™ has created a fun ‘Nam-u-lator‘ quiz that will allow you to answer questions about your ride to find it’s unique identity and come up with a unique name. I took the quiz and the Nam-u-lator came up with ‘Bro Wagon’, which is pretty spot on!
Once you have completed the quiz, you can receive a free personalized license plate frame with the purchase of 5 quarts of Mobil 1 at your local AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, or Pep Boys store. You can then show off your car with the personalized license plate frame by sharing a photo in the community photo gallery.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ExxonMobil. The opinions and text are all mine.